Monday 3 June 2013

Lost One.

Its been years you passed but time hasn't made it easier,
Each time someone asks me about you, they re-open the blisters,
I'm stronger now, I dont cry on the spot anymore,
A little piece of me still breaks and out of me it tries to claw.

I push it back in tho, i dont want to be that person any longer,
But, once in a while I'm sucked back in there, the pain lingers.
My oceans of tears have become rivers and those rivers, ponds,
I've adapted to your absence and the fact that nothing can be done.

To be honest, it's still so surreal to me,
Each time I'm tortured into remembrance, i sit back in disbelief.
As i wrote this, i cried so hard because i reminded myself that you are never coming back,
But somehow, I'm okay. We'll miss you for as long as we can.

I know you're in a better place and to us you smile upon,
On this earth, your legacy i hope to carry on.
For now I'll just keep on surviving and try to remain sane,
You're gone, yes, but in my heart, forever and always you'll remain.

3 comments:

  1. Dealing with the loss of a loved one is tough. Fitting words for the departed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. Like this is sooo touching, am almost in tears. Sorry Van Van. I know sorry isn't quite the word.

    ReplyDelete